Melissa in Japan

Sunday, May 21, 2006

SOOOOO Tired!

I am so tired! After breakfast this morning we went to see several more sights, including a detour to my host father's favorite fishing spot on the bay, shrines and the highest point in Nagasaki. We also went to the Nagasaki history museum where we saw a small theatrical reenactment of the first English speaking individual who came to Japan. It was great, but I only understood what the English speaker was saying, and that was very few words. It was quite humorous. We ate lunch at a Japanese restaurant (Soba noodles) and had an excellent dinner at a traditional Japanese restaurant (had to take off our shoes and everything). We did a lot of walking and climbing the millions of stairs, but it was awesome. The picture above is me with my host family's daughter, Makiko and their dog, Coo (I think that's the right spelling). I got to show Makiko my scrapbook projects online yesterday and she is an English teacher, so I showed her how to get free English fonts!

One of the shrines was surrounded by bamboo forests. So, photo opp. I don't care if it's dorky. I know you all miss me and this picture will help ease the pain a little bit.

Tonight we have a meeting. My host father bought some of the world famous Nagasaki Sponge Cake to share with the group and some Nakasaki Oranges to share as well. The farms are on the mountains and used the tiered system. Very interesting when driving through the mountains to see.

Tomorrow we're off to Fukuoka (bright and early!!!), where we will be until Thursday. The baseball game is on Tuesday, which I think will be wonderful as well as the UN habitat visit.

I think that's all I have for now. I'm ready to get some sleep!!!! After the meeting I think I'm going to be out like a light!!!

Love you all!
Miss you all!!!!

melissa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa -

Great pictures! Jesse and I just got home with the girls from Madison and I had to read how your weekend has been going. Looks like you are going to pack a million experiences into 2 weeks!! In a month or so when I begin to feed Peyton solid food for the first time, are you thinking I should use the chopsticks??? Just Kidding! Have a great week! I will have to show Lexi your pictures when she gets up from her nap.

April

5/21/2006 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of the trip, can I tell you.

Great Pictures!!!

5/22/2006 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey babe! I love, LOVE the picture of you with the bamboo - it's way too cute! I've finally gotten the chance to read up on your AMAZING trip! It sounds like you're having such a great time and I can't wait to see you 200+ pictures when you're back home! Love you
Amanda

5/23/2006 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home