Melissa in Japan

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Good morning!

I can't sleep anymore. Between sleeping on the plane and then coming and going to bed, I'm just not tired. So I decided to get up and check my email and post again, even though the only thing I have done since last night is lie in bed. We're going to the atomic bomb museum today and then to Seibold University, where yours truly gets to give the thank you speech on behalf of the students involved in the trip. Then we meet our host families and stay with them until Sunday. I'm not sure what we're doing with the host families. I'm excited to see their house and to try some of the cooking! I haven't really had a chance to taste anything yet!!!! Some of the other group members had some binto boxes last night at the airport. The binto box is kind of like a little lunch box. Someone had shrimp tempura and someone else had eel. The binto is like lunch on the go. This morning, they are serving a traditional Japanese breakfast in the hotel lobby. We'll see how that goes!

Alright...I think it's my turn to shower!

m

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh
I think you should bring eel back, sounds chewy.

5/18/2006 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home